Ask Tiwa Savage If There's A Beef Between Us, Says Seyi Shay



Seyi Shay & Tiwa Savage



pla
 In the interview on Saturday , the singer explained her Instagram post which she captioned, “I compete with NO ONE. You heard me girl, YES YOU. Good evening. #carryon,”saying it was not meant for anyone in particular.

Asked if she had a beef with Tiwa Savage, or if the post was intended for her, Seyi Shay said: “Please I would love it if you call her now and ask her this same question if there is any beef between Tiwa Savage and Seyi Shay.”


"There is a quote that says that a competitive mind is not a creative mind and it is something I believe in. Girls compete against one another a lot and it is too much. Everybody competes but I think females do it a lot for no reason at all. If you are too busy competing, you will not have time to be creative. The post on Instagram was not directed to anybody, I was just minding my business but people took it the wrong way. I am aware that some people thought I was directing it at Tiwa Savage but I was not. After I had posted it, I told myself that I hope people would not think it was directed at anybody but I didn’t care that much; so I just left it.
play
“I read what she said about me but to be honest, when I post comments online, I am very sarcastic. People should be very careful when they listen to me speak and give answers because you will never know if I am serious or not. I play with Nigerians so much and that is because I think they are so gullible and I think it is funny. I did not feel any way about the comment she made about me. They ignore me, I ignore them,” she said.
Prior to the Instagram post above, Seyi Shay had once said, during an interview aired on Channels TV, that she does not know Tiwa personally. A statement which Tiwa Savage apparently reciprocated when she granted a radio interview recently, and was asked what she thought about Seyi Shay being a Pepsi brand ambassador.
She said during the interview; “See I knew you were going to drop this in anyway, everybody has heard! What? Am I happy forDavido? Of course. I love him. He’s absolutely fantastic,”a response which has been widely interpreted as Tiwa's implied indifference to Seyi Shay's presence in the industry as a competitor.
Seyi Shay play
Seyi Shay 
On a positive note, however, Seyi Shay further revealed during the interview that she just recorded a song with Niniola and she was feeling very optimistic about the song's chances of being a super hit.
“I am very excited at the moment because I just recorded a very amazing song. I am happy because I have made a new song and I have a very good feeling about it. The song is with me and Niniola, I love working with women because I believe in girl-power. I just released an album called Seyi or Shay and I am going around Africa to promote the album. While I am promoting my album, I am also recording new songs especially when I meet amazing artistes from other African countries,” She said.

Comments

Popular Posts